TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WEBSITE SALES
Here’s the small print you need to give you confidence when placing an order on the austinsfurniture.co.uk website. We think we’ve got everything covered in our terms and conditions, but if you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact the Furniture Department directly on 01626 324445, where the staff will be more than happy to help you.
The Terms and Conditions below apply to the use of austinsfurniture.co.uk website, and by placing an order and making a payment, you are consenting to them.
Please remember that sometimes we may need to make changes to our service and systems, it this happens we will update these terms and conditions accordingly so, make sure you check them regularly.
If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions that are listed, then you must immediately stop using this site.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
When you submit an order using austinsfurniture.co.uk we will follow the procedures detailed below:
• We will take your payment as soon as your card details have been processed. All orders are subject to payment in full at the time of submitting the order.
• You will receive a confirmation e-mail as an acknowledgement of your order This e-mail does not constitute acceptance of your order by us.
• Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contact between you and us will take place when we dispatch the goods to you.
• If your order is not ready for immediate dispatch, we will contact you by e-mail or telephone to advise you of the expected dispatch date. An approximate guide to lead times are quoted on the website.
• All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
• In the unlikely event that we are unable to fulfil your order, we will attempt to contact you to discuss alternative options within two working days.
• In the unlikely event that we cannot place an order for you, any monies paid will be refunded to you as soon as possible and at the latest within 7 days.
• You must agree that all information provided when you complete our order is true and accurate and that all credit/debit card details provided through the austinsfurniture.co.uk website are in your own name. Any fraudulent use of credit/debit cards will mean that we pass your details to the relevant crime prevention authorities for investigation.
• If, by mistake, we have underpriced an item, we have the right to withdraw that item at the stated price. In this situation, we will contact you to inform you of the correct price so you can decide if you wish to proceed with the order.
*It is the customer’s responsibility to measure furniture before ordering ensuring they can be delivered through doorways, hallways, landings and into the room of choice. The delivery team cannot make structural alterations to the property to allow access e.g: removal of windows, door linings etc.
* The exact matches of colour samples cannot be guaranteed for orders placed separately. Samples on display are used as a guideline only.
* The images shown on the website are as true as possible to colour.
* We do offer a disposal service for an addition charge. Should you require the old furniture to be removed at a like for like basis, please contact the Furniture Store so that this facility can be added to your order
• Delivery will be made to the address you have given us at the time of the order. If there are any changes to this address please contact the Furniture Store so that the changes can be made accordingly.
• Delivery and lead times quoted buy Austins must be taken as an approximate estimation. Austins are very much governed by manufacturing times and logistical issues. Austins cannot be held responsible if these dates are not met. Delayed deliveries are beyond our control and as such we cannot offer financial compensation.
• In the event that the delivery is delayed due to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot accept any liability for consequential loss.
• We recommend that any furniture being sold or disposed of is retained until we have confirmation of a delivery date for you.
• Due to the nature of our commitment to deliver and assemble many different items of furniture into dfferent types of homes, it is impossible to give an exact time for delivery. The delivery team can usually offer a specific date and then an indication of AM or PM.
• If reasonable access is not available upon delivery, then the delivery team will return the goods to our warehouse and the delivery charge will still apply and be rechargeable for any subsequent deliveries that have to be arranged.
• Our delivery team retain the right to refuse to take away old furniture should they deem the items required to be taken away to be dangerous or if they are not on a like-for-like basis with new items being delivered.
• All deliveries and collections must be signed for, so you should make provision for a responsible person over 18 to act as your agent to sign for the goods should you not be available.
• You become the owner of the goods at the time of delivery provided the order has been paid for in full.
CANCELLATION OF ORDER
• You are entitled to cancel your contact if you wish, provided that you exercise your right and notify us in writing within 14 working days after the day you take delivery. You will be refunded the cost of your product. This is as stated under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. After this statutory cooling off period has expired, there is no right to cancel and therefore you are unable to return your order.
• If you wish to cancel your contact if your order has been dispatched, we will refund the cost of the purchase price, along with delivery charges and disposal charges if they apply. To exercise your right you must notify us in writing within 14 working days.
• Items should be returned to us in their original packaging. It is your responsibility to return these items in excellent condition and at a cost to yourself.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RIGHT TO CANCEL
The following exclusions are not covered by the cooling off period
• Divan Beds
• Pillows and mattress protectors
• Bespoke orders
• Upholstered items with fabrics, patterns, feet and other options.
DAMAGED OF DEFECTIVE GOODS
• We will make every effort to ensure that the goods you have ordered arrive undamaged and without defect. If however the goods are found to be either damaged or defective in any way at the time of delivery, you will be given the option to refuse the goods or retain them pending inspection.
• If any damage is discovered after delivery, you must contact us within 14 days of delivery of the goods. Missing or damaged items must be reported to our store within 14 days of delivery by contacting us on 01626 324445 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
• We would request images of the damage to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your name and order number so that we can follow this up.
CANCELLATION OF ORDER BY AUSTINS
We reserve the right not to accept any order placed through our website if:
• We have insufficient stock to fulfill your order
• We do not deliver to your area.
• The product has been discontinued by the supplier
• One or more of the products were incorrectly described or priced on our website.
• The payment has not been authorized by our secure payment provider
AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS
• We will ensure that all items listed on our website are in stock and available to order.
• If orders have to be placed with a supplier, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they are delivered within the anticipated lead-time.
• Should any item be unavailable at the time of the order, we will notify you to see how you wish to proceed.
UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES AFFECTING A CONTRACT
• Not withstanding all other provisions set-out within these Terms and Conditions, and our desire to provide exceptional customer service, we cannot be held liable for cancellations or variations to contracts that may result from acts of God, terrorism, war, flood, fire, famine, drought or any other causes that are beyond our control.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
The information you provide is confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We have internet controls relating to the access, storage and disclosure of your information and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the DATA Protection Act 1998. You have the right, under applicable UK data protection law, to request at any time a copy of the personal data we hold for you.
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail or postal address, or if you wish to cancel your registration for services you have signed up to, please let us know the correct details by contacting us by phone or e-mail.
All prices listed on austinsfurniture.co.uk are correct at the time the information is placed, however, we reserve the right to change the price of products at any time. All prices include VAT at the current UK rate.
COMPLAINTS AND COMMENTS
If you have a complaint or a comment to make, please do not hestitate to contact us immediately by phone or e-mail. Any complaint will be dealt with efficiently and confidentially. Your statutory rights as a consumer will not be affected.
RETENTION OF TITLE
All goods and titles remain the property of R C Austin Limited until payment has been received in full.
Austinsfurniture.co.uk is a trading name of Austins Department Store, 6 Courtenay Street, NEWTON ABBOT DEVON TQ12 2DU. Registered in England and Wales 254274. VAT number 140 7435 88.